Sales Associate Job Description
Sweet as Sugar is an incredibly dynamic children’s couture clothing retailer that prides itself on designing unique and authentic children’s wear continuously throughout the year. Needless to say, it's an ambitious undertaking, and things around here are fast-paced and fun. Our small team consists of a handful of exceptionally talented and hardworking folks who don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed.
Some people say that retail is dead. We believe it has changed, that it is vital and that it is better than ever.
This is an opportunity to learn what dynamic retail is all about. We are looking for retail sales associates who are passionate about retail and who are looking for a long term growth position within a company. You must love sales and have had had previous retail experience.
The Sweet as Sugar Sales Associate (SA) is someone who LOVES children and the appropriate apparel and accessories options for our little fashionistas. The SA is an in-store and online ambassador for our stores and brand. The SA is responsible for interacting with customers and employees to create a positive store environment. The SA maximizes sales by ensuring a neat, clean, and organized store; responsible for the execution of operational activities and protecting Company assets through exceptional customer service. The SA is responsible for providing information regarding product benefits and ensuring that customers are satisfied with their experience.
- Greet and determine the needs of every customer that walks through the door.
- Know every product inside and out and be able to tell the story behind it.
- Help grow our customer base by adding customers to our email list.
- Be an integral part in the conversation between the sales staff and production team.
- Give feedback to help better guide production if there are any problems with the product.
- Be comfortable speaking on the phone.
- Keep the floor fully stocked at all times. Make sure what is on the floor is folded or hung and merchandised properly.
- Continue to think of new ways to merchandise our collections in shop and keep the appearance of the store fresh.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized stock area.
- Maintain and clean and well-organized sales floor
- Come to work on time and let us know in advance if you are feeling sick.
- Quickly learn how to sell on our simple POS system.
- Be able to ship out special customer orders and online orders.
- Maintain organized records for POS errors.
- Be able to be on your feet for 8 hours.
- Ability to regularly perform store maintenance.
- Ability to safely lift boxes up to 55 lbs.
- Comfortable climbing ladders .
- Be an excellent salesperson and able to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Previous retail or sales experience is a must.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work with team.
How to Apply:
Now's your time to shine. Click that link that says, 'I'm Interested' and tell us why are you the person we need to hire. Tell us a story or something that proves to us you want to be part of this quickly growing company.
Note: Sweet as Sugar leadership will regularly assess the business needs to determine if any changes to this assignment are warranted. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.
Hourly pay, commission, and merchandise discount.
How to Apply: I'm Interested!
For questions you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org